GLR

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
    • Selbstbefreiung
Disable all comments (DISQUS)
« on: February 11, 2018, 06:39:02 pm »
Hi,

This is urgent!

I need to switch off all DISQUS comments, completely, and for my whole channel.
There are several reasons for this, which I don't want do discuss. I simply need this possibility (which is also featured in Youtube and other platforms).

Yours, GLR
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:26:09 pm by GLR »

admin

• +19/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Disable all comments (DISQUS)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:35:26 am »
Hello,

we do not offer this in the current version. We are planning a release to give you and other channel creators a button to allow this.

The Garden

• +21/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:31:04 am »
Hi,

This is urgent!

I need to switch off all DISQUS comments, completely, and for my whole channel.
There are several reasons for this, which I don't want do discuss. I simply need this possibility (which is also featured in Youtube and ohter platforms).

Yours, GLR

Did you disable Disqus in settings?

GLR

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
    • Selbstbefreiung
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 03:23:01 pm »
I have "Use your SPKOUT account for Disqus?" ON, but I did not see any difference with both settings. I thought this option would only apply to my own comments. I don't comment at all, so I thought this would be irrelevant.

Generelly I would prefer urgently to switch off the whole comment section. I had a lot of spammers and trolls on my Youtube channel, where I disabled all comments a long time ago. Now these people are finding my Bitchute channel and start spoiling it here. This was not my intent with changing the platform. I prefer to have my videos mostly/only here and use Youtube only for livestreams.

The Garden

• +21/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 06:34:10 pm »
I have "Use your SPKOUT account for Disqus?" ON, but I did not see any difference with both settings. I thought this option would only apply to my own comments. I don't comment at all, so I thought this would be irrelevant.

Generelly I would prefer urgently to switch off the whole comment section. I had a lot of spammers and trolls on my Youtube channel, where I disabled all comments a long time ago. Now these people are finding my Bitchute channel and start spoiling it here. This was not my intent with changing the platform. I prefer to have my videos mostly/only here and use Youtube only for livestreams.

Keep your videos private until you figure out how the Disqus link works. Keep it off, then you won't be able to connect your Spkout account to Disqus.

Also, are you using the same account name you use on YT? Better use another one if you have people following you.

A feature that Spkout needs is the ability to block people, then when you don't want someone to see your content, you simply block the person.

admin

• +19/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 03:12:08 pm »
Hello, we did a quick update to allow disabling all comments. That's now live!

You can find it as a toggle button on the video settings page.

GLR

• +11/-0
    • View Profile
    • Selbstbefreiung
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 04:20:22 pm »
Hello,
I am extremely thankful that you did this so fast and so perfect!
Especially the possibility to disable the comments
  • not only for one video individually
  • but also for all generally
  • (so mixed settings are also possible and easy to adjust)

is magnificent!

Yours, GLR

yadwinder

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 03:11:58 pm »
I don't believe in disabling comments because it is cowardly. But a third party service for comments is worse.