BitChute under attack?

• 7 replies
BitChute under attack?
« on: September 12, 2018, 12:29:54 am »
Ashton Whitty made a video today with a reference to BitChute and GAB being under attack by their hosts with a threat to take them down. Can anyone from BitChute back this up? I would love to cover this story if it can be substantiated.

projectlifecommand

• +18/-0
  • I volunteer & I don't work here & I'm not a mod
    • View Profile
    • ProjectLifeCommand
Re: BitChute under attack?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 05:43:51 am »
Both Gab and BitChute have had their money processors attacked. Both have been mentioned on InfoWars.

I'm not sure which happened first, but I think Gab was first. Gab was in the news, and it was blackmail to make them remove and censor certain posts on their website.

August 09, 2018
http://fortune.com/2018/08/09/microsoft-demands-violent-posts-about-jews-removed-gab/

August 09, 2018
https://www.geekwire.com/2018/gab-user-deletes-anti-semitic-content-microsoft-azure-threatened-shut-site/

August 10, 2018
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/08/microsoft-nearly-banned-gab-over-post-saying-jews-should-be-raised-as-livestock/

August 10, 2018
https://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-azure-warns-gab-itll-pull-service-for-posts-touting-hate-speech/

I'm not sure which date InfoWars mentions Gab under attack, but here is the Archive, so you can look for it. https://projectlifecommand.wixsite.com/news/the-alex-jones-show

The only time I've known BitChute's attack to be mentioned, was when Ray Vahey (the creator of BitChute) did an interview on InfoWars.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/gQWZnKcgdJTj/
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:50:12 am by projectlifecommand »
My Books And Other Stuff, If Anyone Is Interested
https://projectlifecommand.wixsite.com/secrets/sneak-peak-preview

abvgd

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 02:16:04 pm »
What worries me the most going forward are copyright/DMCA claims that may be used to target Bitchute. I have no idea how Bitchute plans to avoid being targeted like one of those piracy sites unless it starts enforcing copyright on demand. Even Youtube faced a lot of heat for this despite being the darlings of the corporate world...

projectlifecommand

• +18/-0
    • View Profile
    • ProjectLifeCommand
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 12:01:18 am »
What worries me the most going forward are copyright/DMCA claims that may be used to target Bitchute.

Same here. I know and agree.

At the moment, BitChute is new, so videos don't come up in search engines and it can be hard to find videos on BitChute, so those uploading full movies and tv shows that are clearly copyright violations, are not being noticed at the moment.

A temporary solution would be to make those videos private by allowing channel owners to make them private, so only the uploader can see them and would have to personally share the links to them, for others to see them. Of course that could still cause problems, but it would give the website time to figure out how best to deal with copyrights.

Something everyone should keep in mind, is that YouTube never properly addressed their copyright problem. They just went around stomping on everything and everyone till they completely destroyed their own website. Their A.I. was crap and their employees were unaccounted for and unsupervised as well as not properly trained while give vague rules.

More important than spotting copyrighted content, is how to deal with copyrighted content. First, not just anyone should be allowed to report a copyright violation. A copyright owner must prove they are the copyright owner. That is something YouTube never did. Second, if a copyright violation is identified, it should only have to be identified once for the entire website, meaning all copies are instantly removed and not allowed back up, with a message left behind to all original uploaders of those videos, to kindly let them know, so they don't try uploading it again.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:03:47 am by projectlifecommand »

ZeroDawn

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 04:14:48 am »
What worries me the most going forward are copyright/DMCA claims that may be used to target Bitchute.

Same here. I know and agree.

At the moment, BitChute is new, so videos don't come up in search engines and it can be hard to find videos on BitChute, so those uploading full movies and tv shows that are clearly copyright violations, are not being noticed at the moment.

A temporary solution would be to make those videos private by allowing channel owners to make them private, so only the uploader can see them and would have to personally share the links to them, for others to see them. Of course that could still cause problems, but it would give the website time to figure out how best to deal with copyrights.

Something everyone should keep in mind, is that YouTube never properly addressed their copyright problem. They just went around stomping on everything and everyone till they completely destroyed their own website. Their A.I. was crap and their employees were unaccounted for and unsupervised as well as not properly trained while give vague rules.

More important than spotting copyrighted content, is how to deal with copyrighted content. First, not just anyone should be allowed to report a copyright violation. A copyright owner must prove they are the copyright owner. That is something YouTube never did. Second, if a copyright violation is identified, it should only have to be identified once for the entire website, meaning all copies are instantly removed and not allowed back up, with a message left behind to all original uploaders of those videos, to kindly let them know, so they don't try uploading it again.

Likewise, this is a concern of mine as well.  Granted Bitchute isn't located in the United States, which can be  blessing as this site might not be governed by USA copyright laws, I am still very concerned about EU laws and the attacks from legacy media. 

Yeah I've noticed the search engine is sometimes "buggy", yet I agree with your situation with making these videos private if they have substantial non fair use material. 

As you've said, neither Youtube/Google ever truly addressed the copyright problem.  Now Google is a billion+ corporation, so they can afford to either pay off lawyers or make lawsuits suddenly "go away".  Hopefully Bitchute is able to find a solution that won't infringe on actual fair use, yet scare away those that flagrantly violate rules. 

Youtube's copyright system is set up to fail, as anyone could flag content without any consequence.  Sure the H3H3 copyright lawsuit victory might have set a prescient, yet if this is Bitchute vs. all the legacy media, this could be a long drawn out battle.

My hope and I don't mean this in a elitist manner, yet I strongly hope Bitchute doesn't allow for legacy media outlets such as Fox, CNN, MSNBC or any government official to make accounts here.  This is in part what helped ruin Youtube and look what they did to any independent journalist/outlet. Infowars is no different as they have for more than 25 years have fought against globalism, tyranny and with evidence have called out the new world order.

Hate to say this, yet do not expect Youtube to return to what made this site popular to begin with.  They've become entirely political and openly censor anyone that challenges establishment narratives.  Not everyone yet, however if you have a large audience, remember what happened to Infowars.     

projectlifecommand

• +18/-0
    • View Profile
    • ProjectLifeCommand
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 04:54:02 pm »
My hope and I don't mean this in a elitist manner, yet I strongly hope Bitchute doesn't allow for legacy media outlets such as Fox, CNN, MSNBC or any government official to make accounts here.  This is in part what helped ruin Youtube and look what they did to any independent journalist/outlet. Infowars is no different as they have for more than 25 years have fought against globalism, tyranny and with evidence have called out the new world order.

A solution to that would be very simple. Just allow users to block entire channels that they don't like. That way they never show up in any searches at all, when logged in.

It's already been suggested here.
https://forum.bitchute.com/index.php?topic=293.0

BitChute just has to add it. Then problem solved.

There were many things like that, that YouTube could have done to improve YouTube, but they sold out to tv networks, and become more focused with seeing how much shit they could shove down everyone's throats.

As for government officials, I think some are alright. Well, the ones that just give facts for free, without trying to push propaganda.

https://www.BitChute.com/thewhitehouse just created an official channel on BitChute in the first week of September 2018, and I'm all for it. It's like C-Span, unfiltered, unedited, and unbiased.

Besides, YouTube is an enemy of the people now, and The White House needed somewhere else to post their videos, as they'll be cleaning up the mess that is YouTube.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:04:58 pm by projectlifecommand »

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 05:46:57 pm »
I hope that legacy media outlets do start using BitChute, then everyone will have to be on a platform that doesn't allow censorship. The biggest problem with YouTube is that they prioritize legacy media over alternative media and independent content creators. If they did the opposite and prioritized content creators over legacy media it would be great.

ZeroDawn

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 05:46:24 am »

A solution to that would be very simple. Just allow users to block entire channels that they don't like. That way they never show up in any searches at all, when logged in.

It's already been suggested here.
https://forum.bitchute.com/index.php?topic=293.0

BitChute just has to add it. Then problem solved.

There were many things like that, that YouTube could have done to improve YouTube, but they sold out to tv networks, and become more focused with seeing how much shit they could shove down everyone's throats.

As for government officials, I think some are alright. Well, the ones that just give facts for free, without trying to push propaganda.

https://www.BitChute.com/thewhitehouse just created an official channel on BitChute in the first week of September 2018, and I'm all for it. It's like C-Span, unfiltered, unedited, and unbiased.

Besides, YouTube is an enemy of the people now, and The White House needed somewhere else to post their videos, as they'll be cleaning up the mess that is YouTube.

For me, this isn't so much I want to block them because I disagree with their content.  Not in the least, as even though a large portion of what  legacy media claims tends not to be true or is an outright lie, however I do strongly believe in freedom of speech.

My issue is eventually they'd try to do what they've successively done with Youtube in that they've convinced Google to arrange the algorithm to benefit themselves and censor anyone that is their competitor. 

As for government officials, likewise I agree there are several decent people in our government.  My intention with that statement wasn't to sound similar to an anarchist, as I was referring to the deep state.   Proudly I voted for President Trump and other officials, so there are some decent people that do want to serve the citizens.  All political parties are flawed and no party is free from corruption.   That being said, I am very, very glad we have Trump as our president. 

I'll admit, this would be amusing to see CNN or Fox try to compete with alternative media channels such as Styx, Infowars, Stefan Molyneux etc under a completely anti censorship environment.   Granted, I do think some at Fox would be intelligent enough to realize alienating viewers might not be a good idea as I am not sure not everyone there is a neo conservative.  Then again, they are only marginally better than other legacy media outlets and have only been more successful as some people only get their news from Fox. 

There was a time on Youtube that the wild west mentality was quasi embraced and this was during the time Google owned them.  Youtube drama was highly popular and some of these channels content creators did become rich due to advertisers. There was also creative content as well.    Sadly those days are long gone.

Hopefully Mister Metorkur makes an account here, he is the only other content creator I still watch that hasn't made the switch.  After Google banned Infowars, I almost never use Youtube anymore.   One would think more "large" content creators would make the switch/also have a channel here, yet I haven't seen that yet. 

Their choice, yet I cannot imagine the Youtube only channels, especially if they aren't politically aliened with Google's ideas  making much money these days.  Advertisers for the most part probably have left that site in droves.