An alternative to Disqus, PLEASE!!

• 4 replies
An alternative to Disqus, PLEASE!!
« on: August 17, 2018, 03:16:47 pm »
Hi all,
I hope BitChute will soon change the comment provider Disqus with another that does not treat you as a product. Disqus is out of the same mold as FB

TJ Studio

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: An alternative to Disqus, PLEASE!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 04:39:30 pm »
You only came to the forums just to post a suggestion like anybody else, right?

ZeroDawn

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 06:50:59 pm »
About two days ago, I also merely inquired about a alternative means to financially support Bitchute.  Yes I am a new member, yet I genuinely support freedom of expression and am tired of censorship.  First this will be Alex Jones, then those that support our President and then the so called "conservatives".  Eventually the liberals, Bernie supporters, libertarians and Green party supporters WILL be on that same list.

Paypal will NOT stand up for independent content creators as Pateron has shown not to either as shown with Lauren Southern, Robert Spencer (not that other guy), Quartering and others.  If this company is indeed located in the United Kingdom as I've read, given how the mast majority Torries and the Labor party quickly surrender to mob, I have my concerns there as well. Look at how the United Kingdom has treated Boris Johnson, Tommy Robinson and those that support Brexit.

Unlike some e-celebrities/individuals  online that just want to complain and not actually do anything about mass censorship, I am willing to stand up for the 1st amendment/freedom of expression. 

Disqus is not much better, given how they caved to legacy media, NGO's and to the establishment. 

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 02:39:47 am »
There was an attempt to raise funds for developing an alternative comments system. Personally, I don't see why we can't look for and incorporate an existing open source alternative, but anyway...I do hope Ray and crew get on this soon.

dastrev

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
    • Bitchute
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 04:26:42 am »
Funds were raised for the creation of a new open source free speech comments platform and Ray said he will make it happen.  It will take time though but he is on it.  He thought of this long before this latest bullying and censorship of InfoWars and others by several tech companies including Disqus so I think he does have a good grasp of what needs to be done.  In the meantime we can all help by donating what we can to BitChute to get that funding up to 100%.  We're already up to 39%!