shitty idea

• 13 replies

----------

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
shitty idea
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:08:26 pm »
Have you guys ever considered hosting audio only files and give people the ability to upload mp3 files onto bitchute?

admin

• +19/-0
    • View Profile
Re: shitty idea
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:50:30 am »
Yes, we will allow the direct uploading of MP3 files in a future release.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 01:40:43 am »
Yes, we will allow the direct uploading of MP3 files in a future release.

Cool, because there's a lot of times I'd rather just record a longform audio and edit it accordingly in audacity without having to go through the trouble of dealing with video editing software to boot for my longform content.  Most people that listen to longform content usually have it in the background anyway and thusly bandwidth is wasted on serving it in video form to centralized servers, individual nodes (peers) and to the end user/viewer in question.

Best aesthetic design would be to allow for thumbnails to be uploaded as per usual, which will be like a video preview, but ist's just an audio player on the page and an image displayed that was selected as said thumbnail.

Seriously, I'd love this feature.  I've suggested it multiple times throughout various video sites, every one of them claimed "Yeah great idea" but they either never do it, or they end up tanking.  ZippCast, Vidme and several others.

Sorry for the long windedness of this response, I really want to cut the video editing part out of the production of my podcasts and other longform content.

admin

• +19/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 05:01:32 pm »
We seriously have this on our list and will be providing it.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 06:32:37 am »
We seriously have this on our list and will be providing it.

Looking forward to being able to promote Bitchute as a podcaster friendly site ;)

The Garden

• +21/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 12:22:31 am »
Just put any image and upload as a video ... audio files should be for another platform ... like soundcloud or d.cloud ... mixing audio and video under the same platform is not a good idea, different crowds ...

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 03:50:01 am »
I'd agree with rfjardim - unless done/categorise  well, you don't want to confuse the platform.

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 08:11:23 am »
I think it's a good idea. Maybe have a thumbnail be displayed in the player while the audio is playing so it still looks like a video and is not as confusing. That would really save space on the server with channels like Teal Deer, who may have videos that are a thumbnail and audio.
(I know tl;dr shows some papers and articles during his videos, but you get the point.)

admin

• +19/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 05:40:38 am »
Yes it will still be a video, but using the thumbnail as the only video source. As you say we are primarily a video site and don't want to confuse people who come to us for video.

coffeewithcomment

• +2/-0
  • RAW political Analyst and Technophile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 09:36:02 am »
I understand the interest in wanting to upload MP3s due to bandwidth/etc. But consider that this is primarily viewed as a video hosting site, and perhaps give the following some thought:

I think that if you run it through a simple visualizer program, such as FL Studio (free trial) or Sonic Candle (it's free), you'll be able to add production value rather than simple audio over an image, or perhaps a blank/black screen. Viewing styles and preferences differ, of course - but I do listen to a lot of long-form streams and the like. Having even the simple visuals of rings around avatars on a Google Hangouts call is more engaging than simple audio, and is an overall more attractive presentation.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 10:18:50 am »
You'd be amazed apparently about how many people load up longform video content just for it to play as something to listen to while they're gaming.

coffeewithcomment

• +2/-0
  • RAW political Analyst and Technophile
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 10:01:20 am »
You'd be amazed apparently about how many people load up longform video content just for it to play as something to listen to while they're gaming.

True, however, I have two screens so it's not just background for me. I nearly always have a video visible even when multi-tasking. Either way, just something to think about.

The Garden

• +21/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 09:15:16 pm »

The best solution is for them to create an "audio only platform' ... as Soundcloud and D.sound (https://dsound.audio/#/feed) ... in doing so, it will attract more users and separate sound only from video ...

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 12:10:03 pm »

The best solution is for them to create an "audio only platform' ... as Soundcloud and D.sound (https://dsound.audio/#/feed) ... in doing so, it will attract more users and separate sound only from video ...

Fair point.  I can't comprehend a lot of video commentators on bitchute myself, and I can't personally do the whole "listen to something in the background" even with multiple displays.  I require closed captions or at a minimum seeing your lips in order to know what's being said.  I'll concede my argument as you bring up very valid points.