Adverts

• 9 replies

admin

• +19/-0
    • View Profile
Adverts
« on: June 12, 2018, 04:32:24 am »
We want to begin some experiments with adverts.

Initially we want to place a single banner add on the homepage, one that may be dismissed or may be turned off entirely in the user settings. It will rise up along the center bottom and stay above the fold of the screen.

We want to make sure the companies we work with do not kick us (before we bring in an opt-in revenue share model)

Also we want to see how the user base responds.

And we want to see the sort of revenue we can earn from this model.

We'll be working with smaller companies, i.e. not Google adsense.

Thoughts?

bAd

• +9/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Adverts
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 12:21:10 pm »
The status of BC as a known defender of people's right to share their thoughts freely and fairly is a point that may be of particular interest to some companies far more than others.

The potential for BC being an important, if not outstanding, player in what seems to be nothing less than a veritably epic battle between good and evil would be of huge interest to those able to sense or understand the mind-boggling implications this innocuous sounding 'culture war' represents for future peoples freedoms.

Companies willing to nail their colours to the right mast for the right reasons should be much more resistant to the pressures that can be used to lobby or coerce them to not advertise here or "to not kick us" as you previously mentioned.

Sectors such as the video games industry and in particular.. developers such as Rockstar may have a keen interest in wanting to avoid the impending disaster that has been threatening to overtake them for many years. Although publishers could be a big problem, approaching the right people/teams and directly inviting them to participate in the project here at BC could help generate some force multiplication and synthesis of purpose.

To be on the right side of history is one thing but the honour of being a company, product, service or group known to have supported BC in fighting the good fight, from the beginning and against all odds, for a brighter future for all could help propel some advertisers to near legendary status. Literally.

An interesting selling point perhaps.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:51:44 pm by bAd »

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:07:04 pm »
Personally, I think a good way to head off attempted AdPocalypse scenarios would be to preempt them contractually.

IANAL but if advertisers had to sign to a statement that they understood Bitchute is a platform for free speech, that their ads may run on content that could offend some people, and that they understood, accepted, and took full responsibility for placing their ads on the platform in full knowledge of the above...at the very least, it would be a piece of paper to wave around should any of them try to cry and virtue signal. "You literally signed up for this".

admin

• +19/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 01:09:59 pm »
We're going to try it and see what happens. There may be adverts appearing along the base of the home page.

Anyone who doesn't want to see them (if they appear) can do so from. SETTINGS -> INTERFACE -> SHOW ADVERTS on|off

We are not sure if we will keep these yet, but if we do we can look at trialing them with creators on a revenue share basis.

Note, this is not something we want to become fully dependent on, but it may help to cover some of our costs.

admin

• +19/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 05:17:21 am »
If you should see an advert, please leave a message with what it was. It should only be a banner rising up from the bottom. I would like to get an idea of what the quality/type they are.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 02:32:10 pm »
You guys may be interested in Brave Ads. I know they're supported by the Brave browser but I'm not sure how the ad revenue model works, or if the Brave Ads even appear in other browsers. The idea is to build an advertising model that doesn't track users and supports content producers. Know about this because I use the browser, it's got an integrated ad blocker that from what I've read uses AI in someway to determine whats an ad (likely in addition to blacklists). Whatever it is it works cause I rarely see ads and it gets rid of the annoying youtube video ones. It sounds to me like you may have similar views as them and they might work well as an ad provider.
https://brave.com/how-brave-works-for-you/

OxAO

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 08:56:15 pm »
Admin:   Can you tell us what Crypto Currency we're mining using your system.
I'm close to 1.3 coins so far.
Thank you

rubbishycrap

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 01:02:17 pm »
Do it. Bitchute needs financing, it's early days.  I would gladly suffer ads to grow the site. (Hi2u though adblocker if you start taking the p*ss)

seanking2919

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 03:48:27 am »
Honestly, I'd say when you have advertisers sign agreements, make sure there is a section saying something like, "At BitChute, we believe in freedom of speech for all. By placing your ads on our platform, you'll possibly be advertising alongside questionable content. We are not responsible for such questionable content posted." So that way, if an advertiser whines or virtue signals about advertising alongside InfoWars per se, you could easily just say, "We warned you."

TJ Studio

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 06:28:43 am »
Honestly, I'd say when you have advertisers sign agreements, make sure there is a section saying something like, "At BitChute, we believe in freedom of speech for all. By placing your ads on our platform, you'll possibly be advertising alongside questionable content. We are not responsible for such questionable content posted." So that way, if an advertiser whines or virtue signals about advertising alongside InfoWars per se, you could easily just say, "We warned you."
That's a good idea. BitChute should place a warning about when asking to place the advertiser's ads on BitChute videos! (Like Infowars)

Anyways. I can't wait for ad revenue to come out! This could be my alternative revenue source.