Stripe payments access terminated

• 6 replies

admin

• +24/-0
    • View Profile
Stripe payments access terminated
« on: June 10, 2018, 01:59:09 am »
We've currently disabled payments, the reason for this is on Wednesday the Stripe payments processor we were using decided to terminate our account with only 5 days notice.

Anyone who is owed money will still be paid, that is not going to be an issue and we are currently looking at alternative payment systems. We've already signed up to a couple and had calls, exchanged emails. Typically speaking approval takes about a week and we will also do development because no two payment systems tend to be the same.

The reason we were given for our termination doesn't quite make sense, because we hadn't broken any rules, any laws or even had any complaints. Here's a snippet from the email we received:

"Please know, Richard, that it would be our absolute preference to continue working with your business, and this decision is in no way a reflection of our feelings towards your business, from either a moral or legal standpoint. Rather, this is a restriction imposed upon us directly from our financial partners, who use have an archaic and frankly antiquated view of non-traditional businesses. As such, our hands are truly tied here, I hope that you can appreciate that."

We have mentioned this to other companies we've spoken to and they were just as perplexed about why "payment partners" would impose such a restriction.

Re: Stripe payments access terminated
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 04:13:19 am »
Called it...wish I'd been wrong, mind, but...

admin

• +24/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 06:06:46 am »
I'm not ready to give up fiat payment processors I'm still very confident we can find one, worse case we will help expose the situation.

bAd

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
To be.. or not to speak.. what gender usually asks the questions?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 05:43:00 am »
[ restriction imposed directly from financial partners.. archaic view of non-traditional businesses.. hands are truly tied.. ]

Perhaps the control and suppression of freedom of speech is a Very long held tradition.. historical and systematic tradition.

If the dictionary definition of the word manly is valid and the qualities traditionally associated with good men are both courage and frankness.. such a system would more so be anti-male.. anti-gentile.. or both.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:45:47 am by bAd »

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 10:21:47 am »
Has this issue been resolved? Does the tip button work? Are we able to get payment? I just joined today and saw this.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 02:07:34 pm »
Has this issue been resolved? Does the tip button work? Are we able to get payment? I just joined today and saw this.

My understanding is that it does work. You can set up a PayPal account and it'll send and receive directly via that, no Stripe involved. I have not personally tried using it, however, but I remember Ray mentioning it on the Bitchute Twitter account (I think).

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 02:15:08 pm »
this is a restriction imposed upon us directly from our financial partners
Sounds like someone from the top sent word down to make this happen