Does BitChute have FUTURE plans for ad monetization?

• 7 replies
Does BitChute have FUTURE plans for ad monetization?
« on: May 04, 2018, 11:23:40 am »
I really like BitChute and how it has an atmosphere of free speech. I think that is very important but what will get me to stay long term on BitChute as a content creator will be if they are planning on using ad monetization for videos in the future. A lot of us making videos simply for the purpose of making money, so while BitChute is really nice unless they create an option for video monetization thru ads in the future, I probably won't stay long term.

Are the owners of BitChute planning to start ad monetization in the future?

TJ Studio

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Does BitChute have FUTURE plans for ad monetization?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 01:28:52 pm »
Yup. They've planned out ad monetization for future development! (Which you can see it here https://forum.bitchute.com/index.php?topic=41.0) So right now. Tipping & paid subscriptions are coming first! (It's been delayed for a little while. But it'll come soon! Hopefully in May)

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 02:28:34 pm »
I'm eagerly looking forward to the native cryptocurrency features, once they eventually roll out. The fact that it's Monero based makes it even better. If we can eventually get to a place where we can tip and/or subscribe with magic internet money, I'll be stoked.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 03:22:03 pm »
Yup. They've planned out ad monetization for future development! (Which you can see it here https://forum.bitchute.com/index.php?topic=41.0) So right now. Tipping & paid subscriptions are coming first! (It's been delayed for a little while. But it'll come soon! Hopefully in May)

that's very good news then. So there WILL be businesses (conservatives i guess) who will buy advertising for videos? Is that what is meant by "Opt-in Advertising"?

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 05:01:47 pm »
So there WILL be businesses (conservatives i guess) who will buy advertising for videos? Is that what is meant by "Opt-in Advertising"?

I don't think we've gotten any clear info on exactly how the ad scheme will work, though I'm hoping the "opt-in" feature will include the ability for channels to make their own deals and feature their own sponsors in and around their videos.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 08:58:45 pm »
So there WILL be businesses (conservatives i guess) who will buy advertising for videos? Is that what is meant by "Opt-in Advertising"?

I don't think we've gotten any clear info on exactly how the ad scheme will work, though I'm hoping the "opt-in" feature will include the ability for channels to make their own deals and feature their own sponsors in and around their videos.

well hopefully they create a decent monetization program because that is ultimately what will get a lot of content creators to move to the BitChute platform instead of YouTube or twitch. In the meantime I'll just keep building my BT channel and wait for that day to come.

The Garden

• +21/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 01:38:49 pm »
It is not only planned but it is in development. Without it BC wouldn't survive.

TJ Studio

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 01:36:00 pm »
It is not only planned but it is in development. Without it, BC wouldn't survive.
HALLELUJAH!