Preview Image Issues

• 5 replies

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Preview Image Issues
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:21:42 pm »
I've uploaded a video to Youtube, it automatically got uploaded to BitChute. Then I decided to change a preview image on both sites. However, the change only affected the image displayed in the video list on my channel. The preview that is displayed when linking the video to other sites as well as an image that displays in the player while the video is loading is still the same. Does it take more time than a few hours or is it the way it is? In the latter case please look into it.
Thanks.

admin

• +14/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Preview Image Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 01:10:53 pm »
We take the details from your YouTube video (video/title/description/thumbnail) only once, after that any changes you make to the youtube version will need to be manually made to the bitchute one.

This is also why when youtube delete a video it remains on bitchute.

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 06:34:22 pm »
Yeah, I thought so. That's why I changed the thumbnail on BC directly. No effect.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:36:03 pm by BeholderVee »

admin

• +14/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 07:25:52 am »
Ah sorry I understand now.

Companies such as Twitter and Facebook cache the image associated with pages you share, the time it takes for these to clear varies from one site to another and is out of our control.

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 11:45:06 pm »
Just as I stated above, it doesn't change on BC (while a video's loading there is a thumbnail displayed in it's place), and it's been more than a week and the other sites didn't update anything either. I'm not complaining, just letting you know.

admin

• +14/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 05:55:40 am »
Thanks,

BTW you can use this tool to clear the cache on twitter https://cards-dev.twitter.com/validator