Rewards and Monetisation

• 57 replies
Rewards and Monetisation
« on: January 10, 2018, 04:13:58 am »
Looking into ways to help content creators monetise ?

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Rewards and Monetisation
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:13:56 am »
Well, the way I see it, for now the only reasonable way for this to work would be user-to-user support, like on Patreon. And I bet it's a hell and a half to implement, so I wouldn't expect anything like that soon, but it definitely should come some day.

The Garden

• +18/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 12:02:19 pm »
Crypto the platform! it is the only way! Minds.com is launching their crypto on Q1 ... Steemit / D.tube is an offspring of Etherium thus having crypto in their DNA, creating a massive decentralized network of content creators and viewers.

We are all tired of YT's ways, of controlling and manipulating content (and minds). We are looking for alternatives, and Bitchute seems to be a good one. However, if Bitchute does not find a way (quickly) to monetize content, content creators will soon abandon the platform and move to others.

I am using 4 platforms at the moment to promote my content. It takes a lot of time. After a few months, I will have to reduce workload and I will have to decide which ones to quit. I am certain that monetization will play a key role when that time comes as well as the number of users using a particular platform.

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 12:27:39 pm »
Just googled it. Sounds interesting. Must be hell to implement, though.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:26:53 pm by BeholderVee »

The Garden

• +18/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 01:29:18 pm »
Never heard of it, honestly, could you please tell me how it works? I mean, I've heard of cryptocurrencies, but not the monetizing a platform part.

Get paid for posting
Get paid for sharing
Get paid for commenting and talking with others ..

For posting you get nothing, once someone give a thumbs up, you get something (and the person who comments get something as well),  then when you comment or share the content, the content creator gets something and the persons sharing it also get something ...

What you get is very little at the beginning. However, popular and mature channels are literally making hundreds/thousands of dollars every month ...

This is the basis of those platforms ... that's why I had said that it is a question of time for Bitchuters to discover this then move on to other platforms ... it is essential for Bitchute to consider this, otherwise their existence will be in check .. soon.

The crypto currency used in those systems can be converted to bitcoin and dollars ...

I love Bitchute, it is becoming an amazing platform for video posting, but the competition out there is tough and ahead ...

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 01:36:46 pm »
I'm still not sure how this works. You can't just make currency with value out of thin air, right?

The Garden

• +18/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 02:38:21 pm »
I'm still not sure how this works. You can't just make currency with value out of thin air, right?

Yes, we can!

Information is gold in the 21st century! Isn't that the way that Google and the like make money With out info ...!

They give us free things and make tons of money with out content ... advertising money represent a small share in their revenue ...

But think like this:

To produce content, it takes time. This time has market value. The bigger the content creator, the more valuable is  his/her time ...

The leverage against Bitcoin is the time, energy, and computing power to mine bitcoins.

The leverage against Steemit is the time people take to create content and how the information is share and distributed ...

It is basically what Google/Facebook etc  are doing behind the curtains!

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 01:22:00 am »
Yes, exactly my thoughts.

YouTube creators are desperate for an alternative, and should a viable solution present itself im sure you will see a large part of that community jump ship.

Its a great opportunity for any new content sharing platform. And like rfjardim has stated, there are a couple of options available, one of those being a crypto solution.

Ultimately thats where I was nodding (crypto) - and setting up an ICO for bitchute could generate excellent marketing and market awareness of the platform. With an already real product, you could likely see some decent support.

But for content creators, the monetisation is critical. Like rfjardim, I am also posting across a number of different platforms - and due to YT's lead, this is what content creators are looking for. Should they not be able to find it here, they will likely move to any other new platform that offers them that support.

Also Bee, the money raised through ICO and market activity would generate the currency. It would also provide Bitchute the funds to implement key changes and updates across the platform for increased usability, marketing and so on ...

Positioned as a YouTube alternative? Well, you'll be taking on the beast ... but ultimately thats what Bitchute hopes to do anyhow right?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:29:09 am by Prophets »

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 09:02:54 pm »
Content creators can have their own bitcoin wallet up like a lot of us already do, while others still can get sponsorships of their own for their content.  To make it easier on you to get sponsorships I highly recommend the use of CCBill, it's what I used to monetize old adult dating sites I ran a few years back.  There's other methods of monetization but that would require the admin to get a hold of some ad network like Project Wonderful for network integration.

RossK

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 02:09:46 pm »
This would be amazing if something could be done. Having just been disabled from Partnership after 8 years on YT, I am woefully depressed to be starting from scratch there. For the record, they would not give me a reason. I had no community or copyright strikes. Just an e-mail saying you have been disabled. Ridiculous.

I am sick of what they have become. How they promote only the chosen few that fit their ideals, and their leniance towards actions of those they favour politically.

A viable alternative is needed, but I have to agree, to truly make some creators shift would require some form of monetization. No idea how it works, but it would be amazing if it could. Still going to be uploading my things here though. Looking forward to seeing where this might go :)

yadwinder

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 06:40:34 pm »
I think we should add a 'support' button bellow videos with which your patreon, makersupport or hatreon account will be linked and you would get options to pledge like how much money for which amount of time, $1 a month, 40$ a year etc. depending on the creator or whatever the donation platform of your choice supports.

yadwinder

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 06:44:08 pm »
Crypto the platform! it is the only way! Minds.com is launching their crypto on Q1 ... Steemit / D.tube is an offspring of Etherium thus having crypto in their DNA, creating a massive decentralized network of content creators and viewers.

We are all tired of YT's ways, of controlling and manipulating content (and minds). We are looking for alternatives, and Bitchute seems to be a good one. However, if Bitchute does not find a way (quickly) to monetize content, content creators will soon abandon the platform and move to others.

I am using 4 platforms at the moment to promote my content. It takes a lot of time. After a few months, I will have to reduce workload and I will have to decide which ones to quit. I am certain that monetization will play a key role when that time comes as well as the number of users using a particular platform.

Yeah I think due to its' technology based on torrents, bitchute will become a place for the most offensive content on the internet and a place for some anti-government content too. A true internet wild west.

yadwinder

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 06:50:23 pm »

Go to the internet and study about the Austrian monetary theory and the blockchain technology. Then you'll understand everything but you cannot understand one without the other.

admin

• +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 05:38:44 am »
Looking into ways to help content creators monetise ?

Hey guys, as a creator on this platform you have been taking part in a pre-mine of our own crypto. In the coming weeks/months this will become clearer. You can also mine directly for us on the help us grow page https://www.bitchute.com/help-us-grow/ and these units will be converted to SPKCoin (speak coin) our currency.

In addition we are building other $ based monetization methods. and we will be doing regular updates with news on how that is going.

The Garden

• +18/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 12:08:26 am »
I think we should add a 'support' button bellow videos with which your patreon, makersupport or hatreon account will be linked and you would get options to pledge like how much money for which amount of time, $1 a month, 40$ a year etc. depending on the creator or whatever the donation platform of your choice supports.

The support option is a must ... however, PayPal and Pareon are compromised ... if they don't like your content they simply close or freeze your account ... specially PayPal .. this new Crypto / Decentralized Content revolution has to be what is meant to be - free and independent ... that means, away from those who want to control narratives.