« on: January 10, 2018, 02:29:53 am »
How about add categories such as the ones below:

• Post Promotion - Gaming
  • Post Promotion - Music
  • Post Promotion - News & Politics
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc

The idea is for people to come to the Forum, post a link to the their content, and write a catchy phrase selling the video/channel. Then we can browse the links in the Forum to discover new content and also comment and discuss.
It's just a way to bring together people with the same tastes and help each other grow the platform/channels.
Categories of these 'post promoting rooms' could mirror the categories from the main page on Bitchute.

:) ;)

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New category for this Forum for post promotion
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:06:10 am »
I don't really see a point. That's the whole purpose behind the popular tab, the categories, the search function and the comments below a video.

The Garden

• +21/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 11:49:18 am »
I don't really see a point. That's the whole purpose behind the popular tab, the categories, the search function and the comments below a video.

That is done by the system. Where would you promote a post of yours and let other know about you and your channel?

What I mean promote is for people select the post they want, then on the day and time they choose go to a particular room, post the link to the post, then write something about it ...

The tabs you mention are dead, without any people interaction, just a window to a moment in time... when we post something, we are not promoting it, we are posting it!

Imagine a video that you created two months ago. The video can be awesome but it will never be displayed any more in the tabs for it is two months old. This video will never be found by anybody and the view count will be dead, stuck in time.

A promoting room is a way for us to interact with each other, focusing on particular topics, and to meet people who share the same tastes and interests. It is not meant to interact with the content, but with other content creators and viewers.

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 12:25:33 pm »
That's how the system works and that's the beauty of it, honestly. It gives the person the videos that are either relevant at the moment or relevant to what they're searching for, with no need to dig through unsorted list of all files, like it was in the beginning of the Internet.
I might see a subforum which contains threads like "recent event x" and "topic y", where people share their videos on a very specific topic and discuss the topic itself, not a topic where people just throw their videos because they're not popular enough to be noticed by the algorithm.

The Garden

• +21/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 01:35:26 pm »
That's how the system works and that's the beauty of it, honestly. It gives the person the videos that are either relevant at the moment or relevant to what they're searching for, with no need to dig through unsorted list of all files, like it was in the beginning of the Internet.
I might see a subforum which contains threads like "recent event x" and "topic y", where people share their videos on a very specific topic and discuss the topic itself, not a topic where people just throw their videos because they're not popular enough to be noticed by the algorithm.

That's the idea ...

But remember, algorithms do not check the quality of the content, it checks statistics .. the YouTube experience is the pinnacle of what algorithms can do to content and its creators ... decentralization means from me to you, from you to others ... once we rely on algorithms for everything, it becomes a centralized platform, thus a new YouTube .. then the old problems, issues, etc would be transferred from one to another ...

New platforms is an opportunity to make things better to innovate, and the centralized control practiced by Youtube has proven that it is not what people want/need .. it only favours big corporations and big companies ...

And I guess Bitchute came to be the opposite of that ... then again, I can be totally wrong ...

BeholderVee

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 01:57:22 pm »
That's an interesting question. With even the amounts of content uploaded daily BC has now not sorting it at all is out of question. I think the problem with YT's algorithm is not the algorithm itself, but the people behind it. They make it with their own agendas in mind. What's driving people away from YT now is that their algorithm actually checks the "quality" of videos, which can't be measured objectively. Everything was fine when it was merely checking for stats.
Now, here's an interesting idea I just had. Custom algorithms. Let users upload their own algorithms, like they would upload videos. You just go to the main page, find algorithms you want, subscribe to them and then use them to search for videos. Have separate algorithms for finding certain types of videos even. Sounds decentralized.

The Garden

• +21/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 02:45:33 pm »
That's an interesting question. With even the amounts of content uploaded daily BC has now not sorting it at all is out of question. I think the problem with YT's algorithm is not the algorithm itself, but the people behind it. They make it with their own agendas in mind. What's driving people away from YT now is that their algorithm actually checks the "quality" of videos, which can't be measured objectively. Everything was fine when it was merely checking for stats.
Now, here's an interesting idea I just had. Custom algorithms. Let users upload their own algorithms, like they would upload videos. You just go to the main page, find algorithms you want, subscribe to them and then use them to search for videos. Have separate algorithms for finding certain types of videos even. Sounds decentralized.

Opensource algorithms ... love the idea! They could create a tool for us to add our own variables to our channels ... then, if I make videos about biting my nails, I can customize my algorithms for my videos to be shown only to people who bite their nails or are curious about it ...

As for YT, too much power in the hands of few, when that happens, the invisible hand knocks at the door and offers incalculable amounts of money and market power. Then what happens is what happened to Google ... I don't think there is a way for that company to clean itself from the evils that Eric Sschmidt has  brought to that company ... he altered the DNA of Google in such a way that it will never be what once it was.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 01:35:18 am »
Interesting idea on algorithms - i like it. More tailored and targeted results.