Poll

What type of gaming videos do you watch the most / do you prefer? (select 4)

quick plays - with comentary
quick plays - no commentary
long plays - with comentary
long plays - no commentary
Walkthroughs
Review / Preview
Full comeptitive matches
Live stream style - group comments and talks
Live stream style - solo play and talk
Gadgets, Software, & Hardware
News about the gaming industry and gaming in general
Top 5, Top 10, etc
Others

POOL for GAMERS - Help the gaming community grow!

• 6 replies

The Garden

• +21/-1
    • View Profile
POOL for GAMERS - Help the gaming community grow!
« on: January 10, 2018, 01:26:16 am »
This pool has been created to help content creators adjust their content to attract a bigger audience and to have an idea of the demands and opportunities. Please vote to help all of us create the best content for you.

Select the categories of gaming videos that you usually watch/prefer. -- ONLY 4 --

Thank you for helping the community ... KEEP GAMING!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:25:45 pm by rfjardim »

coffeewithcomment

• +2/-0
  • RAW political Analyst and Technophile
    • View Profile
Re: POOL for GAMERS - Help the gaming community grow!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 10:08:10 am »

long plays - with comentary
especially if the commentary is not specifically related to the game, such as educational/informational/rants/politics

Walkthroughs
Particularly useful for those head-scratching moments

Gadgets, Software, & Hardware

I always like to see what people are saying about the new tech

News about the gaming industry and gaming in general
I like to keep tabs on where the industry is going, especially since I don't read toxic gaming journalism (lookin' at you, Polygon!)

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 02:17:30 pm »
The self does the game play without the voice, but it is fun to watch the video with the voice.
If you want to see the channel, please teach me an opinion.
ケロケロ

The_Underdog

• +26/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:15:08 am »
I'm a fan of long-play (not necessarily extremely long videos) with commentary. The commentary can be about either the game - the person's thoughts, ambitions, goals, etc, or it can be about other topics, although I personally prefer commentaries to be upbeat and apolitical (in the sense of real-life political groups, not necessarily apolitical in the realm of videos or games), as for me it serves as a way to unwind, although I can totally support people who do political commentary, I find because it's a serious topic, I can't focus on their gameplay.

Quickplays (not to be confused with TASes) are frustrating for me because they have no investment, the player isn't in it for the long haul and they essentially 'demo' a game, which to me feels cheap, but the lack of involvement means you can't get into either the game or the player's playstyle.

Competitive matches can be fun, especially expert, skilled, or 'styled' matches. These can be with or without commentary, although I prefer a third party commentator for most, first party commentary is fine so long as it doesn't get egotistical or arrogant.

Live stream esque can work, but I treat it the same as a long-play. However, what I do enjoy is group collaborations between well known video creators, such as in team matches, group battles, all versus one or even competitive play - so long as it's lighthearted and there isn't any permanent fallout.

I'm probably different from most people in views, and I'd argue I'd likely represent a minority in my narrow selection.
Power in absence.

jatorr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 05:47:20 pm »
I am joining as a Gaming content creator. It's going to be a long process to get my videos uploaded here. I usually do LP's (Let's Plays) in the 30-40 minute range and am currently uploading my entire season of Assassin's Creed: Origins.

I'm not popular at all, but I decided it would be a great idea to spread my videos to multiple platforms. In addition, I'll be able to launch my Portal site that I will embed BitChute videos into, probably.

The Garden

• +21/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 12:28:48 am »
I am joining as a Gaming content creator. It's going to be a long process to get my videos uploaded here. I usually do LP's (Let's Plays) in the 30-40 minute range and am currently uploading my entire season of Assassin's Creed: Origins.

I'm not popular at all, but I decided it would be a great idea to spread my videos to multiple platforms. In addition, I'll be able to launch my Portal site that I will embed BitChute videos into, probably.

Just a quick tip ... don't upload too many videos at the same time ... do it one at a time with a gap of about 2 hours between one upload and the other ... this gives time for the video to mature ... embedding your videos is a good idea!

jatorr

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 12:54:03 pm »
Thanks!