Timeline for Mobile App Dev

• 6 replies

A Notorious Nobody

• +2/-0
  • Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride
    • View Profile
Timeline for Mobile App Dev
« on: March 06, 2018, 04:02:42 pm »
Love the platform, but there are those like myself who get the unlimited data plans for the phones, and that allows them to double as Internet, Phone, TV & Radio. As such, using the site through various browsers is still a much more involved process than the streamlined service offered by YouTube's app.

Are there any plans to release a beta version of the app in 2018?

Thank you.

The Garden

• +24/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Timeline for Mobile App Dev
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 06:45:42 pm »
Love the platform, but there are those like myself who get the unlimited data plans for the phones, and that allows them to double as Internet, Phone, TV & Radio. As such, using the site through various browsers is still a much more involved process than the streamlined service offered by YouTube's app.

Are there any plans to release a beta version of the app in 2018?

Thank you.

AS far as we know and based on the devs right here ... there is no plan for an App ... :(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:22:26 am by rfjardim »

A Notorious Nobody

• +2/-0
  • Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:57:55 pm »
That's a problem. And it's really going to hold this alternative back. Without some sort of stream-lined app, this platform is largely limited to desktop and laptop use. I really hope they're reconsidering the necessity of an app feature.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 04:31:15 am »

It's not just those with unlimited data plans - many people will use their mobile devices (smartphones and tablets in particular) to consume content whilst connected to a wireless (Wi-Fi) network...

AS far as we know and based on the devs right here ... there is no plan for an App ... :(

That's a problem. And it's really going to hold this alternative back. Without some sort of stream-lined app, this platform is largely limited to desktop and laptop use. I really hope they're reconsidering the necessity of an app feature.

I agree with this 100% - an application for Apple iOS and Google Android is essential to the growth of BitChute... Whilst I'm too lazy to look-up specific figures, my understanding is that a LOT of people consume content on their mobile devices these days, so I feel like it is really short-sighted to not having application available for the two most common mobile device operating systems.

Obviously something as flash as Google's "YouTube" application for iOS/Android would be nice... But ultimately, something that is sort-of decent is all we need; as long as it works, the developers can always add polish at a later time.

yadwinder

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 02:54:23 pm »
Without an app. This platform will surely fail. Devs, please take a note.

trymeout

• +6/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 02:05:32 am »
Without an app. This platform will surely fail. Devs, please take a note.

And app is needed or even a third party app will work. Most people these days use their phones over computers. More people use YouTube on their phones then they do on a desktop device and people perfer using YouTube app over Youtube website when on a mobile device for a user-friendly experience.

The only issued with developing an iOS app is that Apple may ban it like they did with Gab and therefore the iOS app development was a waste of time. However an Andriod app even if banned from Google Play can still be hosted on other app stores like F-Driod or even could be downloaded as a apk file.

If there is a third party app that will take this on I hope it is NewPipe. That app is my favorite app on my phone and supports YouTube and SoundCloud right now.

seanking2919

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 09:26:36 pm »
In the case of iOS, I'd recommend doing a Progressive Web App (PWA) like Gab does, where you just go to Safari, add the BitChute website to your home screen, and boom. You have a BitChute app (in some way even though Apple extremely limits the features that could be done with PWAs).